Re: Newbie question about having multiple destination addresses in a chain entry

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:39:35AM +1300, Ian Batterbee wrote:
> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 16 packets, 1278 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>    26  1248 NOTHING    tcp  --  eth0   any     anywhere
> 192.168.0.0/24     tcp dpt:www
>    28  1344 REDIRECT   tcp  --  eth0   any     anywhere
> !x.x.0.0/16      tcp dpt:www redir ports 3128
>
> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 29 packets, 1892 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 24 packets, 1638 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> Chain NOTHING (1 references)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination

   I *think* your problem is that the NOTHING chain is empty, so at the
end of it it just returns to the calling chain.  Why not just simply -j
ACCEPT on the rule in PREROUTING?  That should stop it processing any
further down the PREROUTING for packets with that destination.

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key