Re: bridge/firewall example

On Thursday 02 January 2003 03:00 am, Joel Newkirk wrote:

[snipped down to my screwup]

> If you have a box with IP's on two different subnets, and it passes
> communications between those subnets, you've essentially got a bridge.
> It's a router.  NAT is Network Address Translation, where you

Sorry, I didn't finish this thought, I was cut'n'pasting all over the
place.  That should read:
"(It's a router) living on two subnets, passing packets between them."

I guess I should re-read my posts an extra time before posting.  (or not
read them after posting, and take the heat :^) (or maybe compose more
concise messages, to ease proofreading...)