RE: Doing Bridge with firewalling

--- Ranjeet Shetye <ranjeet.shetye@zultys.com> wrote:

> I think that we need to clearly define the
> terminology for Kevin.

Yes, thank you! :) I am always up for learning new
things. So it was just done at layer 2 instead of
layer 3. I understand now. BUT, back to what the
original poster said. He said that he wanted to have
the bridge do firewalling and NAT'ing (If I read his
post correctly). So according to what is written
below, he can't do that... right?

> Hence when you downsize your (layer 3) router into a
> (layer 2) bridge,
> your neo-bridge becomes a layer 2 entity and
> disappears from the layer 3
> i.e. it is no longer visible at layer 3. Therefore
> no firewalling, no
> NAT.

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>