Re: How to disable ip_contrack_irc when its compiled into the kernel?

> Unfortunately, I believe that once a module is compiled into the kernel
> it's present, end of discussion. And besides. thats not quite what you
> want is it? removing ip_conntrack_irc would kill ALL irc abilities, not
> just DCC. After all, doens't IRC operate on multiple ports, similiar to
FTP?

No irc just uses a single connection for all the basic stuff (usually from a
random port/tcp clientside to port 6667/tcp serverside)

just DCC (direct client connection) uses additional ports. DCC is used for
the inter user communication.