VPN software behind iptables

Hello. I have a software in my store who uses a VPN connection to exchange data with a server outside my network. The software is able to make the connection, however, once it's done, nothing else happens, and I'm not able to do nothing. I'm pretty sure it's not a bug in the software, because I tried to connect directly to outside using the WiFi card located in my server (slackware 8.1, kernel 2.4.19, iptables 1.26) and it worked just fine.
Is there anhy issue regarding VPN routing with iptables ? Thanks.

Julio Cesar Ody