(no subject)

Hi,

I have configured our firewall using IPtables. The configuration of the firewall is as follows...
Firewall host has 3 interfaces one for DMZ, one for LAN and one for external world(internet). All of our servers have a
static IP address. Our FTP server is wu-ftpd

Now there is no problem in accessing our DNS, WEB, SMTP and IMAP servers from outside. But the FTP server is
showing some strange problem. When our client tries to do a 'ls' in FTP session it is shows the following error message.

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't build data connection: Connection timed out.
ftp> bye

But if I try the same thing from outside using a dialup connection all works fine for me!!!!

when some one tries do a 'ls' from internal LAN on our FTP server then the following message is displayed.
ftp> ls
500 Illegal PORT Command
425 Can't build data connection: Connection timed out.
ftp>

Our rules related to FTP server are...

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $LAN_IFACE -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p ALL -s $LO_IP -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p ALL -s $LAN_IP -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p ALL -s $INET_IP -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $DMZ_IFACE -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -o $DMZ_IFACE -d $DMZ_FTP_IP --dport ftp -j allowed
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -o $DMZ_IFACE -d $DMZ_FTP_IP --dport ftp-data -j
allowed
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -d $FTP_IP --dport ftp -j DNAT --to-destination
$DMZ_FTP_IP
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -d $FTP_IP --dport ftp-data -j DNAT
--to-destination $DMZ_FTP_IP
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p TCP -s $LAN_IP_RANGE -j SNAT --to-source $DMZ_NAT

where
DMZ_FTP_IP is IP address of ftp server in DMZ
DMZ_IP is global IP address of ftp server.
INET_IFACE is Internet interface on firewall
DMZ_IFACE is DMZ interface on firewall.
LAN_IP_RANGE is Lan ip range.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks and Regards