iptables on Red Hat Linux 8.0 installation requires frequent iptables restart

Greetings,

I am running iptables on a Red Hat Linux 8.0 system that I received from Red Hat about a month ago.  I am using iptables straight off the distribution CD.

The system iptables is running on is used only as a firewall, has 512MB of RAM and three network adapters.  The symptom I'm seeing is that every day or so I need to restart the iptables service to get packets moving through the firewall again.  The system appears to have plenty of available RAM and plenty of free disk space when the firewall is dysfunctional.

I am using NAT and have it configured to remap internal addresses to two ranges of external ip addresses, one for each of the two internal networks.

The periodic failure and resurrection after restart is suggestive of a resource leak, but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed to further debug this problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

John Novak