Time Patch on 1.2.6a

Hi - I'm trying to get the TIME extension patched in to my iptables. I"m running 1.2.6a. on RH 7.3. I've went thru the patch-o-matic via the 1.2.6a download and via the POM extensions howto documentation but I cant quite seem to get things going. At one point I did get to the TIME patch in one of my POM attempts. The option shows when I run make menuconfig. I've recompiled but when I use the time match in my rules i get the message regarding /usr/local/lib/iptables/libipt_time.so file not found. Can someone provide me with some ideas on what I may be missing in getting this patch applied?

TIA

Huw