ipsec & nat

I have a redhat 7.3 box that is dualhomed.  It is my firewall and vpn
server.  I can successfully vpn (with IPSEC) into it.  If I use the
following command "iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE" I
cannot use VPN, but my internal network can only receive email (POP3) and
telnet after I use this command.
I have set up squid so I proxy my www traffic.
Can I NAT my pop3 and my telnet, and still VPN (IPSEC)?
I am guessing my command is too general and I need to be more specific -
ports, source, etc defined.
Thanks,
Doug