Creating a Hybrid Connection to Balance Traffic

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:14:41 +1100 (EST)
Andrew Smith <nfml@k1k2.com> wrote:

> Use google to look up egress, but basically it means that they
> may only allow the source IP of outgoing packets to match the
> IP address they supply you and they drop all other packets.
> This is apparently common in the USA.

But distressingly not common enough.

I know for a fact that Verizon does do this with their DSL which uses
PPPoE (except I was hypothetically testing some theoretical spoofing
ideas ;). I know for a fact dozens of ISPs who do not because it would
load their equipment to excess.

--
/* Kevin Dwyer                                Allegiance Internet */
/* network security engineer                   Commerce Center II */