Creating a Hybrid Connection to Balance Traffic

I've got a peculiar situation that I hope you all
would listen to and offer feedback on any possible
implementations.

So I've recently broke down and purchased a DSL
connection for my home computer, and I've just
discovered the joys of p2p file sharing (i.e., being
able to download television shows that my local
stations have stopped carrying, like Enterprise).
Anyway, as you can guess, these video files are rather
large, and other users also grab them from my computer
as well, so my upload speeds are rather high.  Since
I've subscribed to DSL service through a local ISP,
and since local ISPs are big on service but not on
resources, I got a call from them recently asking me
to tone down my upload bandwidth usage on the DSL
line.  I've pretty much got to listen or I will lose
my service.

My local setup consists of a linux box acting as a
gateway for my home network of (gasp!) one computer
and a laptop.  The linux box currently uses ipchains
to perform the necessary IP masquerading for the
connection.  Some quick stats:

eth0: external network connection (to ISP)
eth1: internal network
ppp0: modem attached, but not currently used.

So here comes the question: since I've got to reduce
my upload usage, I'd like to try to use the linux box
to do a special form of SNAT routing.  I would like
all outgoing data to leave through the attached ppp0
interface (the modem which I can hook up to a dialup
ISP) and all incoming data to come back in through the
eth0 interface (the broadband connection to my local
ISP).  Basically, I need to do a form of SNAT routing
that overwrites the source address of packets leaving
on the ppp0 interface with the IP address of the eth0
interface, so when their replies come back the will
come on the faster broadband connection.  This way the
upload bandwidth usage on the DSL connection will be
effectively zero, while I will still be able to enjoy
the fast download speeds of the DSL line, satisfying
both me and the ISP.

My issues include the current usage of SNAT routing
(masquerading) since my local network connects to the
internet through the linux box's one IP address, and
how to use ipchains, iptables, or ipnatctl (or others)
to perform this extra set of SNAT routing.  Does
anyone have any ideas on how to implement this?

Sorry for the long story, and I thank everyone in
advance for their time.  Have a good one,
Paul