Creating a Hybrid Connection to Balance Traffic

Hi Paul,

Your story sounds like you are looking for assymetric routing, which
should be doable with policy routing. Check out
http://www.policyrouting.org where Matthew Marsh is currently working on
getting his excellent book "Policy Routing using Linux" online.

Note that it isn't fully up on the net yet, so if you need to find out how
it works quickly, you may want to buy the book.

Other resources that may be of interest is http://www.lartc.org,
http://www.netfilter.org and http://www.frozentux.net. The last two sites
contains information on iptables in linux kernel 2.4, which you may want
to upgrade to if you are still running kernel 2.2.

Hope this is of some help.

----
Oskar Andreasson
http://www.frozentux.net