Log output going to screen

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 9:41 pm, George Agnelli wrote:

> Does anyone know why my logs are occasionally being dumped to screen as
> well as to the messages file? How can I stop this happening?

What do you mean by "occasionally" ?

Your system should at least be consistent about where it sends its log
entries.

> iptables -A INPUT  -i eth1 -j LOG

Try adding a "--log-level=info" (or replace info with 3 if you have a version
of iptables which doesn't like the log names) and make sure you have a
suitable entry in your /etc/syslog.conf to send 'info' level messages to the
desired destination, eg:

*.=info	/var/log/messages

Antony

--

The difference between theory and practice is that
in theory there is no difference, whereas in practice there is.