prevent script kiddies to abuse my ppp connection

,

> > I left my computer for an hour and I was
> > surprised to see that the connection was still on! I=20
> thought that one=20
> > of my proces was using the connection so i did a quick dump=20
> of ppp0. I=20
> > was surprise to see that some script kiddy was looking at=20
> my netbios=20
> > port!
> >
> > Now I have been thinking of ways to prevent these silliness from=20
> > shutting down my conneciton within 3mn. If I firewall these=20
> incoming=20
> > packets I believe that it won't help me. The blocked packet=20
> will still=20
> > traverse the ppp link. So it will still be seen as=20
> "activity" to the=20
> > ppp daemon. Correct me if I am mistaken.
>=20

I'm no expert but the way I would go about this is to log established
outgoing connections, then have a perl script analyze this log if the
last entry is less than x minutes old and there is no existing
connection then kill your ppp deamon. Now those script kiddies are
probable nimda worms which seem to be everywhere. It shouldn=92t' be =
hard
you may even be able to do a cat /var/log/firewall | last | grep =
IN=3Deth0
.... Get my drift ..