Send mail Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error

On Friday 11 October 2002 5:07 pm, Sundaram Ramasamy wrote:

> hi ,
>
> My external users are getting following error, while sending E-mail.
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>
> inactivity. Subject 'Coming Late', Account: 'www.percipia.com', Server:
> 'www.percipia.com',
>
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> I am not allowing SSL port? Do I need to open the SSL port for this error?

No, you don't need to allow SSL - that's why it says "Secure(SSL): No" - it
is not using SSL.

The solution is to upgrade your mail client - getting them opff Outlook will
solve an awful lot of other security problems as well :-)

If they don't want to run Kmail, Mutt, Mozilla etc, try them with something
like Pegasus or Eudora...

Antony.

--

90% of network problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.