From: netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org
[mailto:netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org]On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: October 5, 2002 3:39 PM
To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: Trigger firewall Script on IP Change:

On Saturday 05 October 2002 11:03 pm, Stewart Thompson wrote:

> Hi All:
>
>         Can anyone tell me how to automatically trigger
> my firewall script to execute when the IP on the External
> Interface changes. Thanks.

If your external IP address is changing, you must be using DHCP...

If you're using ISCs dhcpcd, you can create scripts called
/etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-<ifname>.exe where <ifname> is eth0, eth1, eth2 etc which
will get called whenever there's a new address on the interface.

man dhcpcd for a bit more info.

Antony.

--

I vote "no" to this proposal to form a committee to investigate whether we
should or should not hold a ballot on whether to vote yet.