iptables with alias?

On Saturday 05 October 2002 9:37 pm, Jeppe Sørensen wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a little question that perhaps someone can help me with
>
> I have a interface to the inet with 4 dynamic ip addr
> eth0 = first dynamic ip addr
> eth0:0 = second dynmaic ip addr
> and so on
>
> I want to make 1 on 1 nat on the frist 2 aliass and the last 2 alias are
> for the rest of the network 192.168.1.5 nat to eth0
> 192.168.1.6 nat to eth0:0
> 192.168.1.7-to-15 nat to eth0:1
> 192.168.1.16-to-30 nat to eth0:2

You're right - netfilter doesn't accept : characters in interface names.

I suggest you create a script to (re)write appropriate SNAT rules, which is
called by dhcpcd, or whatever else you use to acquire your dynamic
addresses...

Antony.

--

The difference between theory and practice is that
in theory there is no difference, whereas in practice there is.