are these enough now?

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for the mails.
> 161 - snmp - are you managing this system from elsewhere, or is this
> machine the snmp monitor ?   UDP 161 only needs to be inbound if this
> machine is being monitored from elsewhere
Well, I don't know anyting about SNMP thing. But the guys at the server f=
arm=20
suggested I make some changes as told by them in my snmpd.conf, so that t=
hey=20
say I there will be able to monitor my machine. I guess so I am just a cl=
ient=20
SNMP. So, which ports to keep open?

> > Also, nmap shows that 2002/udp globe is open. Shall I close it?
> machine already has the Slapper worm on it, since that opens UDP port 2=
002
well, my machine had a slapper worm. I removed the .bugtraq file from /tm=
p.=20
Now still the port is open. This is very important to me. How do I close =
the=20
port???? nmap report says,
2002/udp   open        globe
How do I know where and what is globe? How do I shut it?

> I would recommend setting your OUTPUT chain to ESTABLISHED,RELATED and =
then
do you mean similar to INPUT rule i.e using -m and all?

> add any rules for traffic which is supposed to originate on your server
> (such as DNS queries).

Thanks a lot and eagerly waiting for the mails.
Bye and thanks.
-Payal