Firewall Question

>         I have  a question for you guys. I will installing a
> firewall on my linux box soon. My question is would it be
> better for me to download a firewall software off then net ,
> or should I build my own firewall from scratch. Let me know
> what you guys think, and which one would be better.

I'm fairly new to firewall, my last successful attepmed was using
Iptables, and the Strong Firewall script as a template. After learning
more about IPTables I definitely say start with a proven script then
follow It line for line making sure you understand it.

http://www.e-infomax.com/ipmasq/howto/c-html/stronger-firewall-examples.
html#RC.FIREWALL-2.4.X-STRONGER