ADSL setup?

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C297D5.AFB07300

Hey ppl,

I have had my ADSL connection set up with the ADSL modem setup to bridge =
to a Cisco 806 router that actually does all the pppoe configuration. It =
is pretty sweet, but, the Cisco router is not functioning. The Ethernet =
port on the LAN side have defuncted, broken, not working. I have called =
Cisco and they have confirmed that indeed the ethernet ports and not =
functional and they are shipping me out a new one.=20

I used to have the Cisco router connect to one of three NICs on the =
firewall in order for me to filter traffic, now that the router is not =
functional I have to do a direct connection to my main pc in order to =
have access to the internet.=20

I have three NICs on the firewall box, one for the internet (then =
router) one for the internal LAN and one for the DMZ where I house my =
web, mail and DNS server. I know that there is a way to configure the =
DSL modem to connect directly to an interface on the firewall box and do =
Natting there in order for the DMZ and Internal networks to have access =
to the internet. Could someone point me to documentation that I can use =
to accomplish this?  Your help, as always will be gratefully =
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Tim Rodriguez
Network Security Student

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C297D5.AFB07300

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey ppl,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have had my ADSL connection set up =
with the ADSL=20
modem setup to bridge to a Cisco 806 router that actually does all the =
pppoe=20
configuration. It is pretty sweet, but, the Cisco router is not =
functioning. The=20
Ethernet port on the LAN side have defuncted, broken, not working. I =
have called=20
Cisco and they have confirmed that indeed the ethernet ports and not =
functional=20
and they are shipping me out a new one. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I used to have the Cisco router connect =
to one of=20
three NICs on the firewall in order for me to filter traffic, now that =
the=20
router is not functional I have to do a direct connection to my main pc =
in order=20
to have access to the internet. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have three NICs on the firewall box, =
one for the=20
internet (then&nbsp;router) one for the internal LAN and one for the DMZ =
where I=20
house my web, mail and DNS server. I know that there is a way to =
configure the=20
DSL modem to connect directly to an interface on the firewall box and do =
Natting=20
there in order for the DMZ and Internal networks to have access to the =
internet.=20
Could someone point me to documentation that I can use to accomplish =
this?&nbsp;=20
Your help, as always will be gratefully appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tim Rodriguez</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Network Security =
Student</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C297D5.AFB07300--