IPTABLES vs Checkpoint

Hello,

I have a customer who is part of an international group which has a
policy of using the Nokia Checkpoint firewall.  Due to the signifcant
cost differences, and our preference, the local branch and ourselves
would like to install an IPTABLES based firewall.  I need some help in
motivating this to head office and am looking for information comparing
the two solutions.  I need to focus on the technical issues of the two
products and ultimately the inherent security realised from the two
products.

Can anyone offer some input or point me to a source of information.

Many thanks

Wayne