Distinguishing between individual tracked connections

I've been trying for the last few weeks to find a way to distinguish
between individual connections, but to no avail.

What I want to accomplish is to `mark' outgoing connections as I please,
and be able to detect these marked connections in the INPUT chain. In
other words, a match+target couple similar to the MARK-stuff already
included, only that it should work for tracked connections instead of
individual packets.

More specifically, I want to send all outgoing packets generated by the
`squid' user trough my QoS setup (easy, thanks to -m owner and -j MARK),
and to send incoming packages destined for the squid process through the
intermediate queuing device instead of simply accepting them.

Is there some way of accomplishing this?

Please send me carbon copies of eventual answers, I don't subscribe.

Kind regards,
--
Tore Anderson