[newbie] owner module & --id-owner problem

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie with iptables. I've reading a few docs, and also the
mailing list archive.
After all is much more straightforward than I thought before I began to
use netfilter.

I need to block certain user(s) access to the net, so that he/she thinks
the internet is down.
I can do this globally without problem, yet with the 'owner' module it
should be pretty easy to achieve what I want since the user will be
using the same machine the iptables rule will be running on (a single
desktop PC). Later on I probably add the time on POM, but at the moment
I only need to block completely the access.

What I was trying to use is:

iptables -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 1002 -p tcp -j DROP

=66rom what I get

iptables: Invalid argument

If I run it with verbose output, I get:

DROP  tcp opt -- in * out *  0.0.0.0/0  -> 0.0.0.0/0  OWNER UID match 1002
iptables: Invalid argument

What makes me think that it really understood what I told it, though for
some reason it failed.
The modules have been loaded correctly, ATM I have 'ipt_REJECT, ipt_owner,
iptable_filter, ip_tables' in memory.

It probably is something silly, but I cannot find how to make it work.
Please send a CC to my e-mail address since although I subscribed I have
not received answer from mailman yet (lists.netfilter.org seems somewhat
busy right now).

--=20
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@pobox.com>

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5