Best distro for firewalls.

> Can some of you give me
> some input on like Redhat Dabian and such. Just so you know I typically
> do an ftp install, with a custom configured Kernel and firewall scripts.

Forget Red Hat, Debian and Suse...
Go for Slackware. This is the real, fully customizable distro.
Then follow the scripts in http://www.sastk.org/
to harden it.

You shoul be fine with this. Also, check google and the archives.
I believe this topic was already discussed a while ago, and you
should get some more info there.

Have fun,
Marcelo Moreira.