Best distro for firewalls.

On Monday 11 November 2002 5:44 pm, Rowan Reid wrote:

> I've been runnign on Sues for a few years now. Currently I run 8.0. But
> I've been a little disappointed with there online updates, and a few
> other things over all.  I'm looking for a good console only base system
> install using an up to date well patched kernel. Also a very good update
> system for patches. With SuSE since everything is controlled by Yast
> updating manually really isn't a viable option. Can some of you give me
> some input on like Redhat Dabian and such. Just so you know I typically
> do an ftp install, with a custom configured Kernel and firewall scripts.

I'm puzzled about what you want from an update service ?

If you custom configure your own kernel (good) and you create your own
firewall scripts (good), what else do you have running on your firewall which
you want to keep patched ?

Antony.

--

Success is a lousy teacher.   It seduces smart people into thinking they
can't lose.

 - William H Gates III