Problem with DNAT

On Saturday 09 November 2002 03:36 pm, Steffen Schoenwiese wrote:
> > > I have some problems with iptables 1.2.7a. Some of my rules which
> > > worked well with iptables 1.2.5 produce an error message "iptables:
> > > Invalid argument". The specific rules look like this:

> > > I also tried to use --to-destination instead of --to, same error
> > > message. All my other rules work perfect, only the DNAT ones get th=
is
> > > error. Does anyone have a possible solution?
> >
> > All nat table rules, or are SNAT and MASQ accepted?  Do you have a in=
smod
> > or modprobe iptable_nat?  I don't know your prior/current setup, but =
it
> > might have been compiled in before, a module now.
>
> SNAT doesn't work either, MASQ works. iptable_nat is loaded. The system=
 I'm
> running is a new SuSE 8.1 if that helps.

The same rule is accepted if it's prerouting? What about without the port=
 redirection?

SUSE8.1 is kernel 2.4.19, right?  This shouldn't apply then but...
=46rom the "Known Bugs" file in the 1.2.7a distribution:

1) NAT in the OUTPUT chain only works since kernel 2.4.18.  However,
   there is a patch for previous kernels in patch-o-matic, called the
   'local-nat.patch'.  This patch adds a CONFIG_NF_IP_NAT_LOCAL kernel co=
nfig
   option.

I'm still running 1.2.5, so I can't even try this locally right now.  Sor=
ry.