How will I mesure my bandwith

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 3:27 pm, Detlef Wengorz wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 1:41 pm, Sundaram Ramasamy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have 512kbps connection to our office, How will I measure my
> > bandwidth.
>
> try bing
>
> bing localhost remotehost

bash: bing: command not found

Google for bing displays lots of stuff about Mr Crosby, plus some links t=
o=20
getting the source from ftp://ftp.ibp.fr which doesn't seem to exist...

Looks like an intriguing way to measure bandwidth - I'd be interested to =
test=20
it and see how reliable the results are - can you suggest where I can get=
 it=20
from ?

Antony.

--=20

This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named a=
bove=20
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitabl=
e=20
for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour, or=
=20
irrational religious beliefs.

If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it=20
immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of=20
caster sugar. =A0 Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a warm oven =
for 40=20
minutes. =A0 Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding some=
=20
decorative kiwi fruit and cream. =A0 Then notify me immediately by return=
 email=20
and eat the original message.