How will I mesure my bandwith

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 1:41 pm, Sundaram Ramasamy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have 512kbps connection to our office, How will I measure my bandwidth.

You could use a tool such as iptraf http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf or
simply check the byte counts for your external interface at regular intervals.

ifconfig eth0 | grep bytes
will tell you the number of bytes in & out of eth0 - you could set a cron job
to do this every minute and redirect the results to a file ?

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.