ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

No I guess the maximum value is 64K.

Yes. It did crash my machine.
Just FYI, I tried this before on my 64M RAM linux box.
The default is 4K connection max.
But I tried to increase it to 64K.
End up when the number of connections grow to 13K (based on
/proc/net/ip_conntrack),
it first starts killing my other processes including klogd, syslog-ng,
snort.
At this time, you can see the kernel start killing the process from your
syslog (before syslog died)
After a while my linux box hang. And wait for reboot
I guess this is related to OOM (out-of-memory) bug in the kernel (I'm using
2.4.18-xfs).

.//Jet