Re: (re-send): Convert libnetfilter_queue to not need libnfnetlink

Hi Pablo,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:01:56PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> Hi Duncan,

[SNIP]

> ... Then, document how to migrate from
> the old API to the new API, such documentation would be good to
> include a list of items with things that have changed between old and
> new APIs.

Waste of time I think. People are not going to migrate - what's in it for them?

*We* have to do the migration, because *we* then get to ditch libnfnetlink.

Over the years you have mentioned a desire to do that. Now it's done.

> Would you consider feasible to follow up in this direction? If so,
> probably you can make new API proposal that can be discussed.

Actually yes. It would make things easier for new users of libnetfilter_queue.
Will detail in another email.

> I hope this does not feel discouraging to you, I think all this work
> that you have done will be useful in this new approach and likely you
> can recover ideas from this patchset.
>
> Thanks for your patience.

Cheers ... Duncan.