Convert libnetfilter_queue to not need libnfnetlink

Hi Pablo,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 09:51:07AM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 03:54:25PM +1000, Duncan Roe wrote:
[SNIP]
> > libnetfilter_queue effectively supports 2 ABIs, the older being based on
> > libnfnetlink and the newer on libmnl.
>
> Yes, there are two APIs, same thing occurs in other existing
> libnetfilter_* libraries, each of these APIs are based on libnfnetlink
> and libmnl respectively.

[SNIP]

> libnfnetlink will go away sooner or later. We are steadily replacing
> all client of this library for netfilter.org projects. Telling that
> this is not deprecated without providing a compatible "old API" for
> libmnl adds more confusion to this subject.
>
> If you want to explore providing a patch that makes the
> libnfnetlink-based API work over libmnl, then go for it.

OK I went for it. But I posted the resultant patchset as a reply to an
earlier email.

The Patchwork series is
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netfilter-devel/list/?series=399143
("Convert nfq_open() to use libmnl").

The series is "code only" - I kept back the documentation changes for
spearate review. These documentation changes present the "old API" as
merely an alternative to the mnl API: both use libmnl.

Do you think you might find time to look at it before too long? I know you
are very busy but I would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers ... Duncan.