Re: MASQ leak?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 11:53 AM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> MASQ requires connection tracking; if tracking is disabled for a connection,
> >> addresses cannot be changed.
> >
> >I don't disable connection tracking - this is most likely a expired
> >session that is reused and IMHO it should just be added
>
> "invalid" is not just invalid but also untracked (or untrackable)
> CTs, and icmpv6-NDISC is not tracked for example (icmpv6-PING is).

This was normal udp and tcp traffic...

> Expired (forgotten) CTs are automatically recreated in the middle by default,
> one needs extra rules to change the behavior (e.g. `tcp syn` test when
> ctstate==NEW).

I can do more debugging about the traffic that goes haywire, I have
all the logs at home.

But with:
nf_conntrack_tcp_loose - BOOLEAN
0 - disabled
not 0 - enabled (default)

If it is set to zero, we disable picking up already established
connections.

Which is the default value:
cat /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_tcp_loose
1

IMHO iI shouldn't have to fudge things to make conntrack pick things up again.