Re: Ipv6 address in concatenation

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) <sbezverk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started testing  nfproxy in ipv6 enabled kubernetes cluster and it seems ipv6 address cannot be a part of concatenation expression. Is there a known issue or it is me doing something incorrect?
> From my side the code is the same, I just change ip4_addr to ip6_addr when I build sets.

types are irrelvant for the kernel.  They are ONLY used by the nft tool
so it knows how to format output.

I suspect you need to fix up the generated payload expressions
for ipv6.  Essentially, in the ipv6 case, you have a concatenation

ipv4_addr . ipv4_addr . ip4_addr . ipv4_addr . inet_service

(ipv6 address needs 4 32-bit registers)

i.e., you need to use a different destination register when you store
the tcp/udp port, else you will clobber a part of the ipv6 address.