Re: working with libnetfilter_queue and linbetfilter_contrack

Mojtaba <mespio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Then let me describe what i am doing.
> In VoIP networks, One of the ways to solve the one-way audio issue is
> TURN. In this case both endpoint have to send their media (voice as
> RTP) to server. In this conditions the server works as B2BUA. Because
> of the server is processing the media (get media from one hand and
> relay it to another hand), It usages a lot of resource of server. So I
> am implementing  a new module to do this in kernel level. I test this
> idea in my laboratory by adding conntrack entry manually in server and
> all things works great. But i need to get more  idea to do this
> project in best way and high performance, because the QoS very
> importance in VoIP networks. What is the best way? Let me know more
> about this.

In that case I wonder why you need nfqueue at all.

Isn't it enough for the proxy to inject a conntrack entry with the
expected endpoint addresses of the media stream?

I would expect that your proxy consumes/reads the sdp messages from
the client already, or are you doing that via nfqueue?

I would probably use tproxy+normal socket api for the signalling
packets and insert conntrack entries for the rtp/media streams
via libnetfilter_conntrack, this way, the media streams stay in kernel.