Re: 4.14.54 regression: rpfilter and DHCPv6

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:19:39 -0400
Eric Garver <e@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 07:33:17PM +0500, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a machine which is a DHCPv6 client on a PPPoE connection. It also has:
> >
> >   sysctl -w net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_loose=0
> >   ip6tables -t raw -A PREROUTING ! -i lo -m rpfilter --invert -j DROP
> >
> > After commits:
> >
> >   netfilter: don't set F_IFACE on ipv6 fib lookups
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/873574/
> >
> >   netfilter: ip6t_rpfilter: provide input interface for route lookup
> >   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/919290/
> >
> > ...the DHCPv6 client no longer sees any replies from the server. They are now
> > filtered out by rpfilter. Removing the ip6tables rule shown above, or rolling
> > back both of these commits, makes it all work fine again.
> >
> > From commit messages it doesn't appear like this would be a "by design"
> > behavior of these changes.
> >
> > I did not test if other kernel branches (4.17 et al) are affected, but if they
> > also have both of these, I guess they likely are.
>
> I believe this was fixed by:
>
>   cede24d1b21d ("netfilter: ip6t_rpfilter: provide input interface for route lookup")
>
> which landed in 4.18.

It's also in the same 4.14.54 and as you can see I listed it in my message
(sorry for not including commit hashes).

It does not help. Only rolling back both, fixes the issue. From a non-expert
guess, perhaps it misses also restoring the

  lookup_flags |= RT6_LOOKUP_F_IFACE;

line?

--
With respect,