4.14.54 regression: rpfilter and DHCPv6

Hello,

I have a machine which is a DHCPv6 client on a PPPoE connection. It also has:

  sysctl -w net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_loose=0
  ip6tables -t raw -A PREROUTING ! -i lo -m rpfilter --invert -j DROP

After commits:

  netfilter: don't set F_IFACE on ipv6 fib lookups
  http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/873574/

  netfilter: ip6t_rpfilter: provide input interface for route lookup
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/919290/

...the DHCPv6 client no longer sees any replies from the server. They are now
filtered out by rpfilter. Removing the ip6tables rule shown above, or rolling
back both of these commits, makes it all work fine again.

>From commit messages it doesn't appear like this would be a "by design"
behavior of these changes.

I did not test if other kernel branches (4.17 et al) are affected, but if they
also have both of these, I guess they likely are.

--
With respect,
Roman