Re: ICMPv6 Type 1 Code 5 and 6 missing in iptables REJECT target and icmpv6 match

On 20/08/15 at 11:16, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Thursday 2015-08-20 11:06, Andreas Herz wrote:
> >
> >I just tested around and icmpv6 is already working but that's caused by
> >rather optimistic parsing:
> >
> >> if (!xtables_strtoui(slash+1, NULL, &number, 0, UINT8_MAX))
> >
> >So --icmpv6-type 1/255 is also possible.
>
> Specifying raw numbers for packet fields should always be possible,
> exactly because some local name mapping database may be out of date or
> because new things get invented at IETF over time.

Sounds reasonable, so i will just add the names. Thanks for the
explanation. The icmpv6 match was just something i looked into while i
saw the issue with REJECT. So small patch incoming.

> However, since you are concerned about the REJECT target, and
> --reject-with takes a mnemonic that is only used to communicate with the
> kernel module, rather than a value that is directly placed into a
> network packet, the above would not apply.

And i don't even have a chance to "cheat" (as i can with the raw numbers
in the icmpv6 match) so i will work on that part to add those codes.

--
Andreas Herz