Re: ICMPv6 Type 1 Code 5 and 6 missing in iptables REJECT target and icmpv6 match

On Thursday 2015-08-20 11:06, Andreas Herz wrote:

>I just tested around and icmpv6 is already working but that's caused by
>rather optimistic parsing:
>
>> if (!xtables_strtoui(slash+1, NULL, &number, 0, UINT8_MAX))
>
>So --icmpv6-type 1/255 is also possible.

Specifying raw numbers for packet fields should always be possible,
exactly because some local name mapping database may be out of date or
because new things get invented at IETF over time.

However, since you are concerned about the REJECT target, and
--reject-with takes a mnemonic that is only used to communicate with the
kernel module, rather than a value that is directly placed into a
network packet, the above would not apply.