Re: IP sets: Suggestion: additional value match

Hi,

Just to let you know, regarding my previous post:
> In particular, I used SET instead of CONNMARK to implement the rules
> described by Jan Engelhardt in "Detecting and deceiving network scans".

(Has nothing to do with IP sets.)
As it turns out, some legitimate clients open and close TCP connections in a way which makes them behave like connect scans. This makes the attempt detecting those scans by the mentioned rules look less appealing.

Best Regards,
Rudolf