Re: nftables data type names

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:57:53PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 01:03:53PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> > > [..]
> > > >

> > > I like ether_type/ether_addr.
> > > Fully agree, more consistency would be good.
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback, I'll post a patch soon.
>
> What I've got now is:
>
> Address types:
>
>  ll_addr
>  ipv4_addr
>  ipv6_addr
>  ether_addr
>
> Protocol types:
>
>  nf_proto
>  inet_proto
>
> (l3proto and l4proto don't exist as types)
>
> Conntrack types:
>
>  ct_state
>  ct_dir
>  ct_status
>  ct_label
>
> Packet type related types:
>
>  mh_type
>  iface_type
>  icmp_type
>  dccp_pkttype
>  icmpv6_type
>  ether_type
>
> Interface related types:
>
>  ifindex
>  iface_type
>
> Arp types:
>
>  arp_op
>
> Other types:
>
>  mark
>  time
>  realm
>  uid
>  gid
>
> And a few base types that are fine as they are.
>
> The things I'm not sure about are:
>
>  ifindex: this is a well established term I think, however it would be more
>           consistent to use iface_index

We can have an alias for this perhaps so both work?

>  mark/realm: pkt_mark and pkt_realm/route_realm perhaps. Not sure

if we would ever have ct_mark, then the initial pkt_ prefix is good to
have.

>  uid/gid: sk_uid/sk_gid?

I like the sk_ prefix also clearly specifies to users that this is
related to the socket information.

So following prefix_keytype looks good to me. The prefix just denotes
the scope for which the keytype applies.