Re: Netfilter Extension Development Queries

On 12 February 2014 23:03, Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not that I'm a developer...
> There's only TCPOPTSTRIP in main iptables.

Yes, I haven't been able to find the IPV4OPTSTRIP patch anywhere. If
it had been, it might have been good to extend it for my needs.

On 12 February 2014 23:03, Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> there is work in progress on a compat-layer:
> http://git.netfilter.org/iptables-nftables/
> which should transparently *translate* the syntax (if implemented in
> nftables).

Does this translate iptables rule syntax to nftables syntax or is it
an API compatibility layer?

On 12 February 2014 22:56, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
<arturo.borrero.glez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I (personally) would bet to write the extension natively using the new
> framework.
> I'm sure it would be nice to discuss how your new feature could be
> achieved using nftables (using existing expressions or maybe new
> ones).

So I would be correct in saying that the Netfilter hooks/API no longer
work with nftables?
If so, is there any good documentation for writing extensions for
nftables? I have found docs such as
(http://inai.de/documents/Netfilter_Modules.pdf) for netfilter.

Thank you both for your replies

Best regards,