Re: iptables-dev Source Example

>> What I want to do is to write my very own program using the iptables
>> library to query the interface information
>> of various machines (queues, lost packets, total packets etc).

I'm also not sure why you're even thinking about the 'iptables'
library - it has to do with firewall management.
Sounds like what you're wanting to query is basic interface statistics.
I would suggest looking at programs like ip (iproute / iproute2)
and/or netlink libraries (or worst case the obsolete ifconfig).

- Maciej