Re: Regarding connection mappings to module data structures

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 02:18:33PM +0800, Deepak Jangid wrote:
> Hello Netfilter team,
>
> I am seeking an infrastructure for mapping
> conntrack(struct nf_conn) to a module private data structure as a context for
> every connection.
> I could not find any such.
>
> I can add the private info when I see a new connection.
> conntrack destroy events can be caught to destroy the
> private structure.
> But the thing is there is no mechanism to store the
> private info mapped to a connection. Either I will have to maintain
> hash-tables, which is highly irrelevant, or edit the nf_conn which seems a
> better way.
>
> What I was thinking is to have a list_head or a pointer
> to a structure in nf_conn which can handle such scenarios.
>
> Does this seems generic ? Well yes there is
> conntrack_extend, but it is not generic to be usable by other modules.

It's hard to understand what you need since you don't provide any
information on what you want to do.

But my guess is that conntrack extensions is what you want. See
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_extend.c and
net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_timestamp.c for one example.