Re: scheduling while atomic followed by oops upon conntrackd -c execution

On 08/03/2012 01:33, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
Moreover, I need to know if there was some traffic circulating
through the backup or no traffic at all.

Sorry, I didn't address this point in my previous email. The backup does indeed handle some traffic. Both systems run BIND and, as such, the backup is also our secondary public-facing nameserver. The load generated by this is not significant though. At any given moment, the number of state entries hovers at between 100-150 and almost all of these are from UDP entries on account of DNS queries.

The rest can be accounted for by ntpd (about 4 active entries for upstream ntp servers), ssh (1 connection only), ICMP echo-request handling and a few other sundries.

In my test case, I am running conntrackd -c under circumstances where conntrackd on the master is still pushing events across. But, I have also simulated a realistic failover scenario on at least two occasions by shutting down the master (at which point, conntrackd terminates and is obviously no longer pushing events to the backup). Regardless, the backup still crashes upon conntrackd -c.

In summary:

* Both nodes are handling DNS traffic (but it's packet forwarding which
  really generates a heavy load)

* conntrackd -c has been run under circumstances where conntrack daemon
  is and isn't continuing to receive traffic from other node. It crashes
  anyway.

Cheers,

--Kerin