Re: Unable to use the ebtables limits module

On Sunday 2011-11-06 15:23, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've been trying to use the ebtables limits module as follows:
>
>ebtables -A INPUT -p IPv4 --ip-proto udp --ip-dport 80 --limit 10/second -j DROP
>This triggers the following kernel message: eb_tables: limit.0 match:
>invalid size 40 (kernel) != (user) 32
>and ebtables responds with:
>
>This only happens when the ebt_limit.ko is not loaded, and the
>iptables xt_limit module is loaded
>If I either modprobe the ebt_limit module, or unload the xt_limit,
>inserting the rule succeeds.

ebtables searching for limit r0 NFPROTO_BRIDGE match is satifiable by
xt_limit.c's r0 NFPROTO_UNSPEC (and by ebt_limit.c's r0 NFPROTO_BRIDGE).

The nearest solution here is to move ebt_limit's NFPROTO_BRIDGE
specialization into xt_limit.c.

This is a good reason why the names should carry a unified prefix (as I
had already proposed in
http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg16637.html ) -- having
two xt_limits would have immediately made it obvious there is a clash.