Unable to use the ebtables limits module

Hi all,

I've been trying to use the ebtables limits module as follows:

ebtables -A INPUT -p IPv4 --ip-proto udp --ip-dport 80 --limit 10/second -j DROP
This triggers the following kernel message: eb_tables: limit.0 match:
invalid size 40 (kernel) != (user) 32
and ebtables responds with:

Unable to update the kernel. Two possible causes:
1. Multiple ebtables programs were executing simultaneously. The ebtables
   userspace tool doesn't by default support multiple ebtables programs running
   concurrently. The ebtables option --concurrent or a tool like flock can be
   used to support concurrent scripts that update the ebtables kernel tables.
2. The kernel doesn't support a certain ebtables extension, consider
   recompiling your kernel or insmod the extension.

This only happens when the ebt_limit.ko is not loaded, and the
iptables xt_limit module is loaded
If I either modprobe the ebt_limit module, or unload the xt_limit,
inserting the rule succeeds.

My guess is that the kernel headers which are shipped with ebtables
2.0.10 are not in sync with the ones from the kernel I'm running (3.0,
but this also happens on 2.6.34.7)

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof