Re: ipset-6.9.1: 3.0.4 kernel tests failure

BTW, in general is it better to use in-kernel modules or kernel modules
bundled with ipset? Personally I'd better pushed required patches into
our kernels and suggested users to use them, but where it's better to
pull such patches from?
My own personal preference since last year has been to integrate the kernel modules as part of the kernel built and then use modified .spec file to build ipset (the userspace executable).

There are a couple of reasons for this, not least because every time I need to build/change the kernel (and that happens more often than building ipset - at least in my case, as I am testing different things in the kernel for different machines at one time) I have to reinstall the buildsys packages (I use Fedora) and tailor them for the new kernel in order to allow ipset kernel modules to be built, then rebuild ipset (userspace) as well - too much hassle.

What I do to avoid all that is create a patch based on the ipset kernel module sources as well as the ipset Kconfig/Kbuild menu options and then integrate that patch as part of the kernel built. That has never failed except the last time with the above version of ipset, but Jozsef provided a quick work-around and I am happy with it - it works!