Re: icmp_send function broken?

Le 24/05/11 15:26, Eric Dumazet a Ãcrit :
I'm using 2.6.32-5 kernel to developp, but the function itself didn't
seem to have been updated in the 2.6.38 kernel.

You really should use 2.6.39 kernel for your dev...

It is a long-term work (started in October 2010), plus I rely on Xtables to develop it, I used a stable kernel, as my module does not involve kernel re-compilation.

The modification I had to apply is to re-execute the routing process on
the incoming paquet in order to get the ICMP packet sent:

instead of the simple

     if (!rt)
//       goto out;

Is there an other reason why the rtable of the incoming packet was not set?
It is set by caller.

check ip_rcv_finish()

Also please take a look at commit 64f3b9e203bd06855
net: ip_expire() must revalidate route

[ Since I understand from a prior mail that you maybe queued an skb for
a while for your defrag purpose ]

It is a packet that has just been matched by an iptables rule (my module is simply branched on a hook), so no queue for it. So i just should just process the routing before calling the icmp_send() function?