Re: icmp_send function broken?

Le mardi 24 mai 2011 Ã 15:09 +0200, Pierre Rondou a Ãcrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm a student at the University of Liege, currently developing a NAT64
> (see RFC 6146) module for Netfilter.
>
> I am using the icmp_send() function in my module to send icmp message in
> case the packet represent an error (like, TTL exceeded or DEST_UNREACHABLE).
>
> But it seems to be broken for me, the dst of the original packet doesn't
> seem to be set.
>
> I'm using 2.6.32-5 kernel to developp, but the function itself didn't
> seem to have been updated in the 2.6.38 kernel.

You really should use 2.6.39 kernel for your dev...

> The modification I had to apply is to re-execute the routing process on
> the incoming paquet in order to get the ICMP packet sent:

> instead of the simple
>
>     if (!rt)
> //       goto out;
>
> Is there an other reason why the rtable of the incoming packet was not set?

It is set by caller.

check ip_rcv_finish()

Also please take a look at commit 64f3b9e203bd06855
net: ip_expire() must revalidate route

[ Since I understand from a prior mail that you maybe queued an skb for
a while for your defrag purpose ]