Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.6 released

Hm, 2.6.35 can lessen the maintenance burden compared to the currently minimal supported version 2.6.34, because the main trouble comes from the differences between .34 and .35. So I think I can remove the older kernel
supports gradually and keep supporting 2.6.35 for a while.
That would be appreciated as I think .35 is a pretty stable kernel and will be in use for a while yet (though I have to admit, I have patched this kernel extensively).

The problem with it that the reported number can be inaccurate, at least in two cases:

- Elements can time out, so even if whatever number reported, by the
  time it's displayed, the set can even be completely empty. In the case
  of a huge set, it can even occur that the number of elements reported
  does not match the actual number of elements listed.
- Sets can be updated by the SET target

The first one is the main reason I dropped reporting the number of elements (the initial design of the new ipset included it).
I see, reasonable point.

OK, would it be possible then to get this figure when I use restore - I am asking for this because, as you already know, ip ranges may mean inserting more elements than the range itself and the indicator I used up until now to determine how many set members I would have (the number of lines in my restore file) is no longer a reliable indicator, so I would need to know how many members I have inserted as a result of restore in order to determine the maxelem value, adjust it and thus save system resources. Do you see my point?